About Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid is a two day course that will increase mental health literacy and teach the practical skills needed to support someone experiencing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
Why is it important?
The Benefits of Mental Health First Aid Training
- Improves knowledge of mental illnesses, treatments & first aid actions
- Increases confidence of providing first aid
- Decreases stigmatising attitudes
- Increases the support provided to others
In your MHFA course, you will learn how to:
- Recognise common mental health problems
- Provide initial help using a practical, evidence-based action plan
- Seek appropriate professional help, and
- Respond in a crisis situation